On 30 Jan 2015, at 1:07pm, Mario M. Westphal <m...@mwlabs.de> wrote:

> What worries me more are the incidents where users see this problem happen
> several times, with q database kept on a local hard disk or SSD.

Just to make it clear, when corruption is reported, the corruption is not
automatically fixed.  The database will still be corrupt, and as the app
continues it may notice the same corruption again and report it again.  This is
why I asked you whether you are noticing more corruption or are just continuing
to use a corrupt database.

So yes, if the user continues to use the same database, they'll get more error
messages.  And if they restore a backup it might be a good idea to check to see
whether that backup is corrupt.  At least until you have tracked down the cause
of your corruption and stopped it.

> that’s really hard to tell, because unless SQLite has to access a corrupted
> section of the file during normal operation, or integrity_check() is run, a
> damaged database may behave perfectly normal for a long time...

One column of one row of one table may get corrupted.  If that's the case then
the database can be used for years without any problem being noticed.
Theoretically "PRAGMA integrity_check" will notice it, however.

Simon.