On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Janke, Julian
<julian.janke at capgemini.com> wrote:
> I have tested some of the other pragmas and none worked. After discussing
> with you now I come to the conclusion that the problem is caused more by my
> local setup. I

In that case, as you have a custom vfs, could you check if it's your
vfs that is handling those pragmas?  The documentation at
"http://sqlite.org/c3ref/c_fcntl_busyhandler.html#sqlitefcntlpragma";
describes that when you run a PRAGMA statement on a database, sqlite
will call the xFileControl method of the vfs file handle (as given in
a sqlite3_io_methods structure) with SQLITE_FCNTL_PRAGMA as the second
parameter.  If that method returns SQLITE_OK, then sqlite will assume
the vfs has handled the pragma, and will not handle it itself.  This
could cause pragmas to fail silently.

-- Ambrus