For comparison, here is what I get on my Mac:

SQLite version 3.13.0 2016-05-02 15:00:23
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
sqlite> CREATE TABLE abcß▀(id integer primary key, αΓ string);
sqlite> SELECT name, hex(name) FROM sqlite_master;
abcß▀|616263C39FE29680
sqlite> PRAGMA encoding;
UTF-8

I entered all the command text by pasting in the text from your post.  As you
can see, the eszett character has been correctly encoded into UTF-8 as '0xC3
0x9F'.  For completeness' sake I tried a couple of different ways of typing
eszett and they both yielded the correct result.

Simon.