On 25 Jun 2016, at 5:51am, Igor Korot <ikoro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This are the results of me trying:
>
> SQLite version 3.9.2 2015-11-02 18:31:45
> Enter ".help" for usage hints.
> Connected to a transient in-memory database.
> Use ".open FILENAME" to reopen on a persistent database.
> sqlite> CREATE TABLE abcß▀(id integer primary key, αΓ string); first
> value was ALT+225, second - ALT+223.
> sqlite> SELECT name, hex(name) FROM sqlite_master;
> abcß▀|616263E1DF
> sqlite>

The above output indicates a bug.  The correct UTF-8 encoding for eszett is
"0xC3 0x9F".  Congratulations for finding a short sequence which clearly shows
something that needs to be fixed.

Can you please download an up-to-date version of SQLite shell tool from
'Precompiled binaries' in the download page:

<https://www.sqlite.org/download.html>

and try exactly the same thing again ?  Can you please add the command and
output from

PRAGMA encoding

to your sequence ?

Simon.

PS: Apologies to German speakers.  Apparently 'esset' is an English version of
'eszett'.  I speak very poor German.  I will try to use the correct form in
future.