dandl wrote:
>> Do not use SQLite for concurrent access over a network connection. Locking
>> semantics are broken for most network filesystems, so you will have
>> corruption issues that are no fault of SQLite.
>
> I have seen this comment made more than once on this list. Is there any
> reliable evidence to support this for a Windows-based network?

There have been locking bugs in quite a few Windows versions, but these
get fixed.

Opportunistic locks can produce errors when the network goes down
temporarily:
1. the client has an exclusive lock;
2. the server cannot tell the client to release it, and after some time
   assumes the client has crashed;
3. the server moves ownership to another client;
4. both clients assume they have the exclusive lock, and do writes.

But other than that, locking should work just fine.

Regards,
Clemens