> Do not use SQLite for concurrent access over a network connection. Locking
> semantics are broken for most network filesystems, so you will have
> corruption issues that are no fault of SQLite.

I have seen this comment made more than once on this list. Is there any
reliable evidence to support this for a Windows-based network?

Disclosure: we wrote and maintain an ISAM-based multi-user database product
which relies on network locking. We have conducted exhaustive tests over many
years and in our opinion, locking and multi-user semantics on Windows XP and
later networks are reliable and free of errors, if performed correctly by the
client software.

[We use the same semantics for a Linux or Unix-based system with multiple
terminals, but not on any Unix-based network. This is only about Windows.]

If Sqlite has a problem then perhaps it can be fixed.

Regards
David M Bennett FACS

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org