I understand and agree that things changing in the middle is not
ideal.  In the situation I am dealing with, things MUST disappear in
the middle of the dataset.  As far as adding things, it should happen
at the end, but that is outside of my control, it all depends on how
things are sorted.  Normally things will be added to the end of the
dataset, though.

I take it that there is no solution to my problem?

Sam