Pavel Ivanov wrote:
>>   2. *re integer vs string:* Version 3 differs from version 2 here.
>>      Version 2 was declared to be typeless and "Select Where column =
>>      1"  behaved identically with "Select Where column = '1'". Version
>>      3 behavior is different in that the two previous examples produce
>>      different results, a compatibility issue.
>>

> Version 3 also differs from version 2 in that all functions are named
> starting with 'sqlite3_' instead of 'sqlite_'. Doesn't this make
> another compatibility issue to complain about? Why didn't you mention
> it at all?
> AFAIK, SQLite 3 never tried to say that it is fully
> backward-compatible with SQLite 2.

I only reported problems that I had actually encountered in migrating to
version 3. I never had occasion to use the function names you mentioned.
*re backward compatibility:* OTOH, it doesn't say that it is NOT
backward compatible w/r/t the syntax and semantics of the language. As a
user contemplating an upgrade, I would expect such differences to be
prominently discussed.
>>      The v3 document (in discussing conversions) uses the expression
>>      "affinity is applied" without defining what that means. Does it
>>      mean "conversion to"?
>>

> Read about affinities and how are they applied here:
> http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html.

Yes, that is where I looked to find what "applied affinity" meant, but
never found a crisp definition. If it means "converted to", it should
say that.