*re applied affinity:* If that is what is meant, then the document
should say it, instead of leaving it to the reader's imagination.
    Since column typing was superfluous in version2, it seems that the
version3 adoption of typing, as defined, would perhaps be an upgrade
compatibility issue, no?
-R.

--
Regards, Rod Dav4is / P.O. Box 118 / Hyde Park, NY 12538 / USA
Genealogy, et Cetera: http://freepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~dav4is/