On 26 May 2011, at 5:35pm, john darnell wrote:

>> Make sure sqlite3.c is 'ticked' next to 'Target Membership' for your product
>> file.
>
> I am not someone who uses Xcode frequently--I usually develop on Windows and
> port t the Mac, but if by "Target Membership" you mean the last column in the
> pane that lists all files when the project name is selected in the Groups &
> Files pane, headed by an icon that looks like a target, the sqlite3.c file is
> 'ticked.'
>
>> Also make sure sqlite3.c is listed as 'C source' and sqlite3.h is listed as
>> 'C header'
>> under 'Identity and Type'.
>
> I clicked the sqlite3.c filename in the Groups & Files panel, clicked the
> information icon (the blue button with the white 'i' at the top of the
> window).  Under the General tab, under the File Type dropdown, the file is
> listed as 'sourcecode.c.c', and the sqlite3.h file is listed as
> 'sourcecode.c.h.' If you have in mind some other location, please let me know.

No, both the above suggest you did the right thing.

One thing that occurs to me is that you do not need both the dynamic library
and the .c & .h files.  If you have included the .c code on your project, you
should not be including or linking to anything else with 'sqlite' in its
filename.  Similarly, if you are linking against an SQLite library, you don't
need the .c source code, just the version of the .h file that should be found
with that library.  I'm not sure whether including both source code and library
would cause the problems you're describing, though.

>>> 3.)     I compiled and received 1200+ errors.
>>
>> Try the above, and if those don't go away, post the first one or two (note
>> all
>> 1200+) here.
>
> Here are two errors out of the 1200+ errors generated (I tried to include as
> much information as possible to help identify the problem.  Please forgive if
> I am overdoing it...):

I'm sorry about the incredibly picky questions we're asking, but Xcode with an
existing project is huge and complicated and there doesn't seem to be any other
way to figure out what's going on.

>       Compiling /.../sqlite3.c
>       Error:invalid conversion from "void *" to "char *"
>       This error was marked at line 13726.
>
>       Error:forward declaration of 'struct SrcList_item'
>       This error was marked at line 11047.
>
> There were six warnings as well, most of which were warnings about division
> by zero.

Maybe someone clever at C can explain these.  I'm terrible at C.