But I did use build.bat after using set_Release_x64_2010.bat. This is what
is so strange.

Build_all.bat fails as it seems vsSp.bat detects that I have VS2008
installed, but this is installed by SQL 2008 R2 and lacks pretty much
everything (used for business intelligence design only and has no C#/C++
compiler).

I looked closer at build_all.bat and ended up with these commands that
created the 2010 Win32/x64 setup files:

SET YEARS=2010
Build_all.bat
Bake_all.bat

This seems to have made the build system skip the VS2008 generation
completely and without errors, but I am not certain it is a safe way to do
it (seems so, though).

Final question: what is the difference between the bundle and non-bundle
setup files? I tried viewing the download page but I cannot view it. I only
get the About wiki page. I tried Firefox, Opera, Chrome and IE9 and none of
them could show the download page.

Cheers,

Bernhard