Bernhard Mogens Ege wrote:

> This doesn't appear to build everything needed as when I install the
bundles
> (x86 and x64), nothing is added to the global assembly cache in
> C:\windows\assembly\ (did ask the installer to add to the GAC), making
every
> binary using System.Data.SQLite fail. The files are put into C:\Program
> Files\.. as expected, though, but binaries do not know to look there.

Installing the System.Data.SQLite DLLs in the GAC is not normally
recommended.
Instead, they should probably be installed along side the application
binaries
(i.e. "app-local").  Setting a reference to the managed (or mixed-mode)
assembly for System.Data.SQLite is normally all that is required to make the
applications work as the DLL should then automatically be copied to the
build
output directory.

If you have Visual Studio 2010, then you may want to look into using the
official NuGet package for System.Data.SQLite, seen here:

        http://nuget.org/packages/System.Data.SQLite

> Also, the Designer adding for VS2010 isn't working properly as it isn't
> possible to enter a path with a space in it (Illegal sharacters in path.),
> making the VS addin a no-go. This is a quite annoying error which makes it
> very difficult for me to modify my sqlite models; close all VS2010, remove
> sqlite 1.0.82.0, possibly reboot, install 1.0.81.0 incl. VS plugin, start
> vs2010 and load my project, modify my sqlite model, close vs2010,
uninstall
> 1.0.81.0, possibly reboot, install 1.0.82.0, start and load my project,
> test, continue programming. Maybe I can just use the Designer.dll from
> 1.0.81.0 with the rest from 1.0.82.0? That would be worth a try.

The designer components are a bit tricky to get working right, even in the
best of circumstances.  They actually *do* require the setup package be run
in order to operate properly.  Also, since Visual Studio is always a 32-bit
native application, that setup package is the one that must be used.  Here
is the direct link to the correct package:

http://system.data.sqlite.org/downloads/1.0.81.0/sqlite-netFx40-setup-bundle
-x86-2010-1.0.81.0.exe

--
Joe Mistachkin