Bernhard Mogens Ege wrote:

> Build_all.bat fails as it seems vsSp.bat detects that I have VS2008
> installed, but this is installed by SQL 2008 R2 and lacks pretty much
> everything (used for business intelligence design only and has no C#/C++
> compiler).

Yeah, the Visual Studio detection logic in the batch file tools is somewhat
limited.

> I looked closer at build_all.bat and ended up with these commands that
> created the 2010 Win32/x64 setup files:
>

> SET YEARS=2010
> Build_all.bat
> Bake_all.bat

Those commands seem perfectly reasonable to me.  In fact, the YEARS
environment variable *is* designed to be overridden in such a manner just
in case the Visual Studio detection logic will not work correctly on a
particular machine.

> This seems to have made the build system skip the VS2008 generation
> completely and without errors, but I am not certain it is a safe way to do
> it (seems so, though).

Yes, this should be fine.

> Final question: what is the difference between the bundle and non-bundle
> setup files? I tried viewing the download page but I cannot view it. I
only
> get the About wiki page. I tried Firefox, Opera, Chrome and IE9 and none
of
> them could show the download page.

The bundle packages contain the mixed-mode assembly, which itself contains
both
the native and managed code used for interacting with SQLite.  The
non-bundle
packages contain separate native and managed assemblies that are used
together
to interact with SQLite.

--
Joe Mistachkin