Hi again,

Because of the time of year, it's only now I've had time to try the
solutions Kaspersky offered. They offered me three potential answers.
I'll put them up here just in case they help anyone else:

"Regarding the issue at hand, please perform the following steps:

1. Make your network "Trusted"
Please set the "Trusted" status to all networks listed in Kaspersky
Firewall, to do that:
• Open your Kaspersky Lab application
• Click on the Gear icon in the bottom left corner of the Kaspersky
window;
• On the left side menu select "Protection";
• On the right side menu select "Firewall" and then select "Networks";
• Right-click on each network in the list, except Internet, and select
"Edit";
• Change the "Network type:" to "Trusted network";
• Restart the computer and check if you have connection to your Logitech
Media server.
No success, leave the settings and go further to point 2.

2. Add a packet rule:
• Open your Kaspersky Lab application
• Click on the Gear icon in the bottom left corner of the Kaspersky
window;
• On the left side menu select "Protection";
• On the right side menu select "Firewall" and then click on "Configure
packet rules"
• In the new screen click on the button "Add" (bottom right)
• Now put the settings as below:

Actions: Allow
Name: Logitech Media Server
Direction: Inbound/Outbound
Protocol: TCP
Remote ports: keep it empty
Local ports: 9000
Address: Addresses from the list: 192.168.1.74

• Click now on the "Save" button
• Restart the computer and try to access the Logitech Media Server.
Still no success, leave the settings and go to point 3.

3. Add the application to "Exclusions":
• Open your Kaspersky Lab application
• Click on the Gear icon in the bottom left corner of the Kaspersky
window;
• On the left side menu select "Additional" and then on the right for
"Threats and Exclusions"
• In the middle by "Exclusions" click on "Specify trusted applications"
• In the new screen click on the button "Add" (bottom right)
• If your Logitech software is not in the list, click then on
"Browse..." (bottom left) and search for the executable file of
Logitech.
• Afterwards you click on "Open" and check the five options starting
from the top and click then on "Add"
• Now the Logitech Media Server is in the list.
• Restart the computer and try to access the Logitech Media Server."

So I worked through 1 and 2. My network was already 'trusted' so no
action needed there. The solutions in No. 2 made no difference at all.

Solution 3 - maybe more interesting. Because my LMS is hosted on a
networked drive, and not on my main PC, I can't "browse" to the exe.
file - so I can't actually add LMS as a trusted application.

I also tried the 'inject script' thing mentioned above - made no
difference to me.

I've now asked Kaspersky to put me in touch with their 'refund' team,
because I need to try something else.

I know this is a Kaspersky issue, because if I uninstall it, I can
access LMS just fine.

Donald

SB user since 2000...
3 x Touch; 2 x Boom ; 4 x Classic; 1 x Controller
Controlled by iPad using 'Squeezepad'
Vortexbox/Nova appliance running LMS version 7.9