cyprusgrump wrote:
> Thanks...
>
> I've re-wired so now I have the QNAP connected to a 1,000MBps switch
> that links to the rest of the network (PCs, WiFi hotspots, DVD players,
> Android media player, etc.)
>
> From the 1,000Mbps switch I've linked to a 100Mbps switch which has the
> four players on it. So theoretically, the only traffic the players see
> is from the QNAP.
>
> The QNAP has a fixed IP - the players DHCP from a DD-WRT firewall that
> is connected to the 1,000Mbps switch.
>
> I fired it all up but then LMS for some reason refused to log
> player.source in the Server Log File so have just re-started the whole
> lot to see if I can get that going...

Still not enough details.
What sort of QNAP ?
Do you have any DLNA enabled renderers (e.g. TVs ) as they can create
broadcast storms which every device will see ?
Where is the DHCP server ?
Where is the DNS server ?
Are the server & players static IP or DHCP dynamic IPs  or hybrid (i.e.
same IP assigned to a MAC by DHCP server in router).