bpa wrote:
> I understand what PAR is and ActiveState has a different system although
> probably based on same idea.

PAR is form activestate ; https://code.activestate.com/ppm/PAR-Packer/

but installing it with PPM does not work, tried to use CPANM, neither.

bpa wrote:

> Don't think that is right - why not put FindBin in the Bin directory of
> your installable plugin as that is usually where plugin specific
> transcoding exes are put.

And then? The problem is not to override the location of C-3PO.exe, but
to produce it! Completely change the structure of transcoding helper in
order not to use only executables is something that I would like to
avoid. I tried to use PERL as the executable and C3PO-pl at command
line, does not work either.

You have a lot of particularity in WIN, starting form the tremendous
socketWrapper...

WIth a PAR modules works, if I could replicate that I'll release a new
minor version, if not, sorry but I have got no time at the moment for a
major review, but any pull request is welcome.