marcoc1712 wrote:
> The problem with Perl in socketWrapper was it simply hang.
The solution other user proposed (disable watchdog timer on on thread)
will not apply as it was a case of socketwrapper finishing too early.

> What you probably do not realize is that C-3PO could run as the plugin
> itself to just 'prepare' the commands that LMS will then use, replacing
> convert.conf and similar, but it could also perform as the transcoder
> itself, when settings requires some choice to be made at playtime, based
> on characteristics of the selected file to be played, other than file
> extension.
>
> Look at C_3PO.pl, that is the main in that case, using same modules used
> at setup time to produce a more specific command.
>
> In Windows, you could not use that as an 'executable' as you do in linux
> or macOs so you need to pack it in an exe.
OK - I didn't know c3po was also an exe.

Instead a new exe each time, the only way I could see any way of working
would be to have a generic stub c3po exe which dynamically loads a c3po
source module using something such as Require in an eval block or eval
string on a source file. However I'm guessing you already thought of
that and it won't work.

> But this require time that currently I miss.
Lack of time is always a problem and so we have to accept solutions
which are not as complete as we would like.