bpa wrote:
> Why did you upgrade to 7.9.2 and not 7.9.3 ?  Missing out on very many
> bug fixes - especially https ones.
>
> 7.9.2 - 2020 is just the build date - no significant code changes for
> over 12 months. 7.9.3 has only had some bugs fixes in last 12 months.
> 8.* is where development is happening.
>
> https is not a static feature - new versions of TLS have been deployed
> since 7.9.2 and some sites only work with the latest.  Sites change over
> to new versions of TLS overnight and so network failures can happen
> suddenly.
>
> It is hard to debug a system which uses old s/w.

On this new machine I installed - just a couple of months ago - 7.9.1.
No idea how it changed to 7.9.2 in the meantime....  But I've now
downloaded 7.9.3 and will upgrade.

In the meantime, I tried something I had mentioned above - the CleanUp
option of Preferences and Caches.  That seems to have fixed the problem;
and I seem to have been able to rebuild all my prefs etc etc pretty
easily.  I'm just doing a media rescan, and then I'll update LMS to
7.9.3.

LMS 7.9.1 (1522157629)
Win10
Control: Web GUI; sometimes OrangeSqueeze on Android phones / pads

Machines / devices are in France, in two locations.
a) Sagem Livebox
Music: Internal HDD (FLAC music; mp3 voice), Desktop
3 x Touch - 2 wireless, 1 LAN. (7.8.0-r16754)
3 x SB Radios [2 wireless, 1 LAN] (7.7.3-r16676)

b) Freebox
Music: External SSD (all mp3), Laptop
1 x Touch LAN (Firmware:7.8.0-r16754)
1 x SB Radio, Wireless (7.7.3-r16676)
1 x Pair Riva Arenas (via Airplay LMS PlugIn)