So, clearing prefs etc and updating to 7.9.3 seems to have worked.  But,
given that the fault developed "out of the blue", we shall see over the
course of the day...

BTW, I have Auto Install of updates enabled.  So I guess I went from the
manual, fresh install of 7.9.1 to 7.9.2 without noticing.  But why then
no auto-update to 7.9.3?

Q: Given that I cleared my Prefs etc, I now see that the optional
Repository box in Settings>PlugIns is empty.  I though I had entries
there relating both to BBC iPlayer, and AirPlay Bridge.  Do I in fact
need anything there, and how do I find the Repositories if so needed?

Cheers,

LMS 7.9.1 (1522157629)
Win10
Control: Web GUI; sometimes OrangeSqueeze on Android phones / pads

Machines / devices are in France, in two locations.
a) Sagem Livebox
Music: Internal HDD (FLAC music; mp3 voice), Desktop
3 x Touch - 2 wireless, 1 LAN. (7.8.0-r16754)
3 x SB Radios [2 wireless, 1 LAN] (7.7.3-r16676)

b) Freebox
Music: External SSD (all mp3), Laptop
1 x Touch LAN (Firmware:7.8.0-r16754)
1 x SB Radio, Wireless (7.7.3-r16676)
1 x Pair Riva Arenas (via Airplay LMS PlugIn)