mherger wrote:
> >> It's basically the same cause but for what ever reason it caused LMS
> >> 7.9.x to actually crash, fail to start.
>
> I've seen take a very long time to load the plugins page or restart
> (minutes), but not crash.
>
> FWIW: my hosting service just confirmed that they did disable TLS 1.0
> and 1.1 with last week's update to the infrastructure. That could
> certainly hurt _some_ systems with outdated SSL libraries. Why it would
>
> result to problems on some Windows systems, but not others, that's the
> big question. Would people here have some kind of security package which
>
> might intercept the traffic in order to scan downloads etc.?
>
> --
>
> Michael

Well that was my experience. I run my LMS on Windows 10 headless with a
NAS for storage. I woke up Sunday morning to put on music, nothing.
Remote desktop in and checked. LMS not started. Opened the control panel
in admin mode, started the server, waited, checked not running. Checked
the logs as shown on the other thread, since the OP said he'd upgraded
to 7.9.3 and it worked, I did the same thing and it sort of worked
except this error. So I can't recreate now, and don't have the logs to
see how it crashed. But starting LMS 7.9.2 didn't work.

How do we tell what version of SSL libraries we have for LMS, and how to
update them?

To your earlier question, yes there was definitely a minor Windows
update and reboot on Friday, and we may have not used the system on
Saturday. The system is Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909 - OS Build
18363.1016 - The Windows 10 version 2004 is ready to install but not
installed yet.

On my system KB4569751 cumulative update for .NET framework 3.5 and 4.8;
KB4565351
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4569751/kb4569751-cumulative-update-for-net-framework
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4565351/windows-10-update-kb4565351

https://ctproduced.com < Creed Taylor/CTI/KUDU
http://markcathcart.com/about

Running LMS Server, currently 7.9.3 on Headless WIN10 System; music on
Netgear ReadyNAS; Transporter(Living Room)+Duet Controller; Squeezebox
Touch(Master Bedroom), (2x)Boom(Office, Patio), Radio(Guest Bedroom),
Classic(garage), Duet(basement). Also using Squeezeplay on Windows 10.
Use Orange Squeeze app on Android.