Adrian Chadd wrote:
On Wed, Jan 09, 2008, Amos Jeffries wrote:

It clashes with my experimental results which made me start on the CNAME effort in the first place. But saying that, the failover code has had much improvement since then which may have skewed the results.

Do you have example sites where this is happening?

My main test site was www.kame.net, which back then resolved only to orange.kame.net which played some tricks depending on the IP-protocol of the requesting DNS server.

A test right now with dig show they have changed this behaviour so that test has gone. And I'm no longer doing a transition chain on my own DNS (its nasty and I'm not going to go back there).

Amos
--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17 or 3.0STABLE1.