tor 2008-01-10 klockan 20:40 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> Doh! thanks. I think I see the problem, its should be checking tmpbuf is
> NULL when no records are present, non-NULL when they are.
>   The assert was there to stop the safe free dying nastily. If it's
> working for you better without great. I'll commit the fix to HEAD shortly.

safe_free happily accepts NULLs.. hence the name safe_...

> BTW Henrik: You see the case for CNAMEs now? That lookup is a pretty
> clear example.

That lookup is an exact case of what I have been saying all time along.
If an AAAA query do not return an AAAA record (only CNAME or other stuff
not asked for) you must fall back on an A query, just the same as if no
records at all was returned.

So, no, I don't see the case for needing to manually recurse CNAMEs. The
name server resolver already does that for you, don't try to outguess
the resolver.

Regards
Henrik