Richard Stanton said:

> There are various Web sites at U.C. Berkeley that I can access from my
> office machine, but when I try from home, I'm not allowed in (the site
> checks my IP address). Is there any way to use SSH (I have both server and
> clients running on my office machine) to allow me to access these sites from
> my home machine?

Prof Stanton,

Yes, it can be done, using port forwarding.  However for the web it's not
terribly user friendly if you're visiting several such sites, because you
need to set up the forwarding for each different destination and then
adjust your URLs accordingly whenever you want to connect from your browser.

If you have some specific examples you want to talk about, you can contact
me directly and we can discuss the details.

Mike

Mike Friedman                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Communication & Network Services          +1-510-642-1410
University of California at Berkeley      http://www.net.Berkeley.EDU/~mikef