On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 09:09:26PM +0100, Carla Saldanha wrote:

>         ./configure
>         make
>         make install

>       What should I do in order just to ftp the binaries and change the
> configuration for each system?

The easiest way by far would be to NFS mount the source tree onto
the target system and run "make install" on each system.  That's what
I did on HP-UX 10.20.

Keep in mind that (at least in OpenSSH 2.5.2p2) the "make install" process
will attempt to write to files in the source tree.  Because of this
silliness, you'll have to make sure the source tree is mounted with
read/write permissions, and also with root access allowed.  (I.e.,
in /etc/exports, you'll need something like "/my/path -root=some.host".)