From: Sixt, Florin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 08 August 2001 18:14
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Installing binaries and configuration changes.

Hi Carla,

I am not a guru in "ssh" but I can tell what I do in this situation (I am a
SA for a SUN Solaris 2.5.1 and 2.8 shop):
1.      After all is done in one server (assuming that you did the
installation from       /usr/local/src/ssh_1.2 directory in "host_1"):
        . make the /usr/local/src/ssh_1.2 directory "share-able" with all
your servers.
        . go to the next server and mount /usr/local/src/ssh_1.2 from
"host_1" as /mnt (or whatever).
        . go to the mounted /mnt directory
        . run "make install"
        . that is it!
        . don't forget to "umount /mnt"
        . go to the next server

2.      Just out of curiosity, why you go with ssh-1.2.17 instead with
ssh-2.x ?

Good luck,
Florin