" Who will be the first one to go prototypical and install sanders on their
Gauge-1 Loco.  Super traction!"

What is needed is scale sand, ie 20 times smaller or thereabouts. The
closest thing I ever saw to this was on a G1 garden line in the Isle of Man.
The owner had big chunk of chalk stone, which he rubbed on the track
periodically to restore grip. I suppose the fine dust created is the closest
think we're likely to see to scale sanding. Stuff that fine would probably
blow away before touching the railhead if it was applied prototype fashion
(sits back and waits for some bright spark to build a working rig and prvoe
him wrong!)

Tim Lockley
Lindsey Railways Joint Administration
16mm assn 2168