Tony et al.

Actually, I wouldn't knurl the wheels on my KGV--just wish it had steel
tyres!  The little Finescale GWR 48xx 0-4-2T "grips" so well with the steel
drivers. Those SS tyres are OK for toughability and rust prevention but not
very practical for adhesion. I still like Walt's idea of rubber tyres--oil
resistant. But- then it wouldn't be prototypical--but then, nor is SS.

Further more, I'd prefer the drivers were not insulated at all--I never
seem to run the King on electrified track- and as you found out, heat --
certain chemicals too, I suspect, can do damage to the insulation. I like
the sound of that epoxy you used--I have always used JB Weld.

I don't seem to have much trouble with slippage on the King as I did with
the Chapelon Nord. Of course, I don't have all the lovely Frog coaches to
pull. Next time I run, since I  now have more  Finescale GWR coaches, I
will report to you. My elevated track is covered with ant trails and slug
slime. Good for traction but really goos up the coach wheels.

In summation, I'll have you  machine steel tyres for me--when you get a
lathe--in fact, we could go into business, selling steel tyres for Asters!

Bring the KGV to Sacramento in July, where i hope to see a lot of
SSlivesteamers!

Geoff.

Hi  Geoff,