Tony, you wrote, and I thankyou

>    As far as I am concerned, you can mention anything!.
>    Was very good to see you at Pleasanton and chat. Albeit too briefy.
>Now if you had visited me on Monday, things would have been far different.
>    Tony D.  ( I agree--I still dream of your Duchess and your steaming
>ability!!)

 Now  for you and Jim Curry since you  asked:

    >> I thought you had already reviewed the Scotsman at Diamonhead?. So
what extra bells and whistles are they adding which you have not seen?.
     i.e. coal fired?,
           Hidden Safety valves,
           Operational Cylinder blow down valves?.
           Two corridor tenders with water scoops?
           BR Green version instead of LNER Apple green?,
           Smoke Deflectors?,
           Kylchap Smokestack?.
           Working running lamps?.
           R/C?.
           Rake of LNER Teak Coaches?.<<

You wanna pay $10000!!?

Following is what I heard from  a friend in the UK: Incidentally, I didn't
review the loco details closely  in DH--I took a photo, that's about all.

>>The engine is everything I'd hoped for, and quite a bit more.
The paintwork is a very good rendition of LNER green, not too glossy, and
best viewed in natural daylight. There are several nice points I'd like to
mention:
- The engine has a very clear and sharp 6 exhaust beats for revolution
- The engine has several really nice lost wax castings for brake lines,
etc., that were not visible on the photos and on the preproduction model
- The cab layout is superb, one of the nicest ASTER have done.  The sight
glass is on the left, pressure gauge on the right, and the screw reverser
set back enough to be easily controlled.  There are also 2 new features
that the ASTER engineers have included in the cab, a valve to control the
volume of steam oil to the cylinders, and a "glass" window into the firebox
(nicely set into the firebox door) so you can see the fire.
- A small, well concealed flap gives access to the conjugated valve gear
for oiling.<<

There you are, I can tell you no more or elaborate further! Until about two
weeks time!!

Geoff