Hi Geoff,
     I guess we  beat you with a Flying Scotsman inorgeral run at my
steamup in Livermore last Saturday. Mike McKenna brought his brand new
acquisition over barely unwrapped, and ran it for approx 30+ minutes, on
track, under full steam with no problems. Ran really well, sounded great,
with light load of three coaches, and the apple green paintwork remained
unblemished. (What does Aster use and do?). Even negotiated my infamous 2
metre rad Horshoe curve with no problem, once Mike had mastered the correct
throttle tweek setting. Sorry I did not have any LNER teak coaches, but the
brown and white pullmans looked good anyway.
     Many thanks to all who attended. We had a great time as usual.
     Regards,
     Tony D.