Of course Tag is right about the RH's dropping oil between the rails. The
first day I ran my SR#24 I found myself being concerned that the lubricator
wasn't working correctly. When I checked the reservoir it was going down and
the engine was working well. It wasn't until I took it off the track to put
it away that I saw where the oil was going.

Another point to consider is price. Is it fair to consider a RH SR#24 in the
same way that you would a Ruby? Of course not. And the Accucraft Shay comes
with it's own carry box  as well as carrying a price tag that can't be
touched by anyone else. Now if they only would produce an American style
road engine in 1/32".  Of course I've wished for that from Roundhouse too.
Phil