At 08:08 AM 3/11/03 -0800, you wrote:
>I agree with you Harry.

  Well . . . doesn't everyone?  (Sorry . . . . I just couldn't resist! :-)

>Had I done this, it would have avoided me spending hours last night
hacksawing blanks for new cylinders out of my 25 lb ingot of bronze.

    A character-builder to be sure.  I would have looked at reboring, but
then that's just me.

>I concluded that I was going to have to make new cylinders with an ID of
>.438 to get a 4 beat per revolution exhaust beat (important to me, for
>some reason).  What say ye ?
>royce in SB

     I say 4 beats per rev would be important to me also but I can't
imagine what connection there could be between cylinder bore size and
number of exhaust beats, although there may be.  I'll have to think about
this one for a while.

Regards,
Harry