On 22/8/03 6:46 am, "Gary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No Neck?  How about Neuron Free Environment?
> SuperEgo Absent, Id pilot only?
> Jail Time is my time?
> Bet No-Neck thought, "How did the shop know the track was stolen?"
>
> So glad to know this loco will not be delayed going into production! And
> an American version coming! WOW! The run times are amazing.
> Does it use a radiant burner to help increase run time?
> Any pictures of the American to be?

Not yet Gary.  I have seen some of the detail parts however, including a
superb fabricated pilot built of brass and stainless steel, the smoke stack,
turned brass sandbox and safety valve domes.  The cab, I believe, will be
polished wood on a metal former and it MAY have a vanderbilt tender.  Hope I
have the terminology right - this is the slope backed one isn't it?

In common with other Cheddar locomotives, it uses a ceramic burner supplied
by a pressure regulated diaphragm gas tank which is designed for the easily
available propane/butane mix rather than plain butane.  This means that flow
will be absolutely consistent despite changes in temperature of the tank and
certainly helps to conserve gas. The burn is near silent.  The loco is a
delight to run (Okay - I am biased because I am buying one) but it is SOOOO
relaxing not having to worry about 20 min run times and to have a copious
supply of water for playing with the chime whistle.  Last time I ran this
model (at Hidden Valley in Launceston, Cornwall) it was in steam for over
four hours and was driven by several different people during that time.  The
visitors to this tourist attraction loved the strong chuff and the loud and
evocative chime whistle....

--

Yours Aye

Tag Gorton