On 3 Jul 2007, at 23:43, Rachel Blackman wrote:
Beyond that, I can't think of a good reason for it, but add as an anecdotal note when I pulled displaying the client version in tooltips out of the early builds of Astra, the testers howled bloody murder until I put it back. So, for whatever reason, I can attest that my users actually do want it. :)

Psi has had a similar experience, and we only switched from iq:version automatically to showing caps info.

/K

--
Kevin Smith
KTP Associate - Exeter University / ai Corporation