On Jul 4, 2007, at 5:35 AM, Ian Paterson wrote:

Yes, several clients (but not all) have this in place. However, I sincerely hope and expect that the number of XMPP clients that will be developed in the future will be many times the number in existance today. It is far easier for the developers of existing clients to remove support for 'ext' than it will be for the developers of new clients to code support for 'ext'. The more simple we can make XEP-0115 (or any other protocol) the easier it will be to attract new developers to XMPP.

+1