psa wrote:
Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
>>  User JID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/coci
> > Once again: if this _is_ a JID, you do no escaping. Then mats is node,
> home.se is server and the rest is resource.
> > JID escaping is when you want to have some "odd" thing in the node part
> and you know what is node.

Right. JID escaping is not escaping of full JIDs, it is escaping of node
identifiers. A title "Node Identifier Escaping" doesn't sound as catchy,
but we could change it if people really care. What we care about here
are bare JIDs (which is what we assume people will exchange or talk
about), but we ignore the domain identifier part since that is not of
interest in this context (mostly, being able to re-use characters that
people already use for email, like single-quote).

But then you need to clearly state in the XEP that this is not a one-to-one
mapping of JIDs and it shouldn't be applied to "ordinary user" JIDs.

I think the whole XEP should be renamed to something like:

   XEP-0106 - JID Mapping for Gateways

This would be better. But it breaks the generic usage of JIDs for both users
and gateways. It will create a lot of trouble.

Mats