On 8/10/07, Andreas Monitzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Aug 10, 2007, at 15:30, Sergei Golovan wrote:
>
> > And I don't like to make many disco#info queries to determine
> > current state of the remote client.
>
> That's what XEP-0115 is about, this is outside the scope of XEP-0224.

Unfortunately, no. I wouldn't like everyone in my roster to be able to
shake my client window. Instead I would like to implement a sort of
white list for this. And it's hard to represent in XEP-0115 hash that
somone is allowed to ask an attention query and others aren't.

> Further, you can just send it to non-supporting clients, too. The XEP

IQ is perfectly compatible with unsupported clients. They definitely
reply with an error (if the client isn't an outdated Psi, which was
known to swallow unsupported IQ stanzas).

> just says that you have to check for support, not that you must not
> send one to a non-supporting client (wouldn't do anything, though). I
> guess the disco#info check should be changed to a SHOULD instead of a
> MUST (I already changed that in my local version here).

I think that without a feedback this XEP is only a toy, not more. (But
since Jabber is good only as a toy anyway then it shouldn't matter
much :)

Cheers!
--
Sergei Golovan