On Aug 10, 2007, at 15:30, Sergei Golovan wrote:

I just want to get a result of attention query.

Hmmm well, I personally wouldn't care about it (since you can't know if the user noticed it anyways), but I'm rather indifferent on it. What's the opinion of others on this list about it?

And I don't like to make many disco#info queries to determine current state of the remote client.

That's what XEP-0115 is about, this is outside the scope of XEP-0224. Further, you can just send it to non-supporting clients, too. The XEP just says that you have to check for support, not that you must not send one to a non-supporting client (wouldn't do anything, though). I guess the disco#info check should be changed to a SHOULD instead of a MUST (I already changed that in my local version here).

andy