Sergei Golovan wrote:
> On 8/11/07, Peter Saint-Andre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> IMHO you should send a chat message to the full JID of the person you're
>> chatting with. One message, delivered to one resource, not acked. A
>> simple throw-away that says "hey!"
>
> Well, I feel tired little bit of this discussion.

Great, we tired you out! ;-)

> You may do with this XEP what you want :)

It's not what I want, it's what makes the most sense -- or at least what
reflects the consensus of the list. ;-)

> But I still think that working with IQ in XMPP is easier than with
> messages. And if a client doesn't support "attention poking via IQ"
> then it's OK. But if a client doesn't support "attention poking via
> message" then it will result in strange empty messages, or strange
> headline messages or whatever.

If it's a chat message then it won't be a strange headline message. If
the message is empty except for the attention request then a client must
ignore the message if it doesn't understand the attention namespace, so
that won't result in strange empty messages. And several people on the
list don't think that the attention request is something that we need to
ack. But if others think this needs to be an IQ then I'm open to argument.

/psa