Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On 06/13/2008 3:45 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>
>> Here is an early version of the Jingle-streams spec:
>>
>> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/jingle-streams.html
>>
>> Next I'll copy the e2e-streams stuff from XEP-0174 into a new spec.
>
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/e2e-streams.html

| In accordance with rfc3921bis [5], the initial stream header SHOULD
| include the 'to' and 'from' attributes. In the case of XEP-0174, these
| SHOULD be the [EMAIL PROTECTED] advertised in the PTR record. In
| the case of Jingle XML Streams, these SHOULD be the bare JIDs
| (<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or <domain.tld>) of the entities as
| communicated via XMPP.

I would prefer the full JID in the stream header. In my use case two
different bots of the same user talk to each other. In that case it
would be very helpful to use the full JID. The same is true for
XEP-0174. If I have different set-top boxes in my home network with
the same software I need a way to keep them apart.

Dirk

--
A seminar on time travel will be held in two weeks ago.