On Mar 12, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Matthew Wild wrote:

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Pedro Melo <m...@simplicidade.org> wrote:

On a side note: For the disco situation, the hash-based caps work already, and we could ask server vendors to send a server presence on connect with
their own caps. Caps to cache server disco#info might just work.

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0115.html#stream ? As far as I know no
servers yet implement it. I'm sure I'm about to be proven wrong
though.

Yeah, but I don't think it is enough. disco#info can change, albeit not as much for servers.

I would like to have something like a server presence. As if your server is a contact on all rosters. This would allow some interesting possibilities:

 * caps;
 * PEP nodes in the server itself.

I should be able to subscribe to servers, and in fact the recent trusted-servers talks from FOSDEM point in that direction: each server has a roster with trusted servers subscribed.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: m...@simplicidade.org