On Fri Mar 13 14:08:21 2009, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
Sure, why not? In fact your server doesn't really need to be in your
roster because you already have a relationship with your server by
registering account. So once you send broadcast presence it can also
send presence to you. Or if you'd like you could explicitly add it to
your roster. In fact I think I have "jabber.org" in my roster but we
don't subscribe to each other's presence (it's just a "bookmark").

Lampiro puts it into your (local) roster, partly to allow Ad-hoc command access.

> I should be able to subscribe to servers, and in fact the recent
> trusted-servers talks from FOSDEM point in that direction: each server
> has a roster with trusted servers subscribed.

Well, you should be able to subscribe to anything on the network because nothing in RFC 3921 limits presence subscriptions to other registered
users. We haven't used those features yet, but they could be quite
interesting. :)

Well, we kind of have, in as much as the concept fo sharing presence with pubsub services is talked about in XEP-0060 - we tend to only use this for XEP-0060 services whose address is that of a registered user (ie, PEP), but it's specifically not restricted to that.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:d...@cridland.net - xmpp:d...@dave.cridland.net
 - http://dave.cridland.net/