On 3/13/09 4:18 AM, Pedro Melo wrote:

> On Mar 12, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Matthew Wild wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Pedro Melo <m...@simplicidade.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> On a side note:  For the disco situation, the hash-based caps work
>>> already,
>>> and we could ask server vendors to send a server presence on connect
>>> with
>>> their own caps. Caps to cache server disco#info might just work.
>>>

>> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0115.html#stream ? As far as I know no
>> servers yet implement it. I'm sure I'm about to be proven wrong
>> though.
>
> Yeah, but I don't think it is enough. disco#info can change, albeit not
> as much for servers.
>
> I would like to have something like a server presence. As if your server
> is a contact on all rosters. This would allow some interesting
> possibilities:
>
>  * caps;
>  * PEP nodes in the server itself.

Sure, why not? In fact your server doesn't really need to be in your
roster because you already have a relationship with your server by
registering account. So once you send broadcast presence it can also
send presence to you. Or if you'd like you could explicitly add it to
your roster. In fact I think I have "jabber.org" in my roster but we
don't subscribe to each other's presence (it's just a "bookmark").

> I should be able to subscribe to servers, and in fact the recent
> trusted-servers talks from FOSDEM point in that direction: each server
> has a roster with trusted servers subscribed.

Well, you should be able to subscribe to anything on the network because
nothing in RFC 3921 limits presence subscriptions to other registered
users. We haven't used those features yet, but they could be quite
interesting. :)

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre