Kevin Smith wrote:
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Konstantin Kozlov <yag...@yandex.ru> wrote:
  For me, knowing, that user on the other side read the message is very
useful. 'cause if I got <received /> confirmation from the other side, but
getting no <read /> confirmation from the other side for a long time, I'll
assume that user didn't noticed notification of my message arrival. So, I'll
try to attract his attention, for example, using XEP-0224 (Attention).
<http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0224.html>

I can see two cases here
1) The user doesn't need a reply urgently
2) The user needs a reply urgently.

As I see things, if (1) is true, there's no need to go sending 224
pokes to get a response, and in (2) you'd send a 224 poke (if you were
so inclined) irrespective of whether you get a read receipt or not if
you didn't have a reply. Is that reasonable?
   No, I don't think so.
As it stated in XEP-0224, it should be used to attract user's attention, if you suppose he's not focused on his client. Using that buzz just to force other side answer you is really rude. If I see that other side read my message, but do not answer, I'll wait a little, than ask him, why he didn't reply. One of my friends often sends buzz just after he sends a message. These times I'm almost about to kill him!