On 7/19/11 7:42 PM, Glenn Maynard wrote:

(Of course, mobile clients should really be using xbosh anyway, which
avoids these and other issues,

Opinions vary on that score. We had some discussions about this years ago at one of the XMPP Summit meetings in Brussels and the guys from Nokia reported that TCP was actually much better for mobile apps because there are magical ways to manage long-lived TCP connections without waking up the device, which is not true for the more chatty BOSH protocol. Naturally, YMMV.

but it seems like the bosh/xbosh specs
have stalled...)

How so? The specs are stable so there's probably no need to change them frequently. However, there has been discussion on the b...@xmpp.org list over the last few months and that might lead to some small changes and clarifications. Let's wrap up those threads and see if we need to publish a revised version of XEP-0124 (and perhaps XEP-0206).

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/