On Wed Aug 31 18:41:15 2011, Alexander Holler wrote:
Just to summarize the problems I see with those requests (to change affiliation):

1. I haven't found out how the user has to build such an request. E.g. the request for voice as described in the XEP doesn't work with either ejabberd or M-Link ( or I did something wrong during my short tests ;) ).

M-Link doesn't do voice requests (or room registration, either). Maybe we should.

2. The service has to parse and translate every request into a form which is then presented to moderators. The service has to replace all labels and has to check every type.

And because I think there should be standardized way for those requests I don't see why using a form for such a request offers any benefit over something like this:
-----
<message from='us...@example.com/box'
         to='ro...@chat.example.com'>
  <x xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#request' type='submit'>
    <item affiliation='member' nick='someone'/>
  </x>
</message>
-----

A form would allow the addition of a CAPTCHA, for instance.

In both cases the service has to generate a form which is then send/presented to moderators, but parsing _and_ verifying something like the above message is much easier than parsing _and_ verifying a form.

Not especially, actually. There is an issue with hidden fields, possibly, but those are pretty trivial to deal with.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:d...@cridland.net - xmpp:d...@dave.cridland.net
 - http://dave.cridland.net/