Am 19.09.2011 20:23, schrieb Peter Saint-Andre:
On 9/6/11 10:38 AM, Alexander Holler wrote:
Looking again at XEP-0045,

I don't see a reason why a request for voice should be handled in
another way than a request for membership. ;)

In fact I would suggest to replace both with an unified "request for
affiliation" which should work like the request for membership in 7.10
(with an attribute 'affiliation' and maybe a xmlns something other than
'jabber:iq:register').

Is there a strong reason to change this now, other than protocol hygiene?

No, but maybe adding some muc-features which are making it obvious what is supported by the server is an option. I don't know if there is an implemention which supports e.g. those voice-requests as described, those I've tested seem not to have it implemented.

Regards,

Alexander