On 9/19/11 4:33 PM, Alexander Holler wrote:
> Am 19.09.2011 20:47, schrieb Peter Saint-Andre:
>
>>> - Which nicks are reserved? (owner, admins, members)
>>> - Owners, admins ormembers without reserved nicks?
>>
>> Nicks are reserved based on registering with the room. Nicks of owners
>> and admins are not reserved automatically, unless an implementation
>> decides that is a nice feature.
>
> Registering with a room is getting the affiliation member. So how does
> an owner or admin reserves a (his) nick? I think especially those want
> to have their nick registered.

Nick are reserved by registering with the room.

>>> - What happens with reserved nicks when someone changes his nick? Does
>>> the reserved nick changes too?
>>
>> Implementation specific.
>
> Hmm, that means clients never can implement reserved-nick-handling
> because they just don't know how the server behaves.

Changing your in-room nick is temporary. If you want to reserve a
different nick, you can register it in the usual way. I have no idea if
current implementations let you reserve more than one nick (probably
not). We might want to define that behavior a bit more carefully.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/