On 9/24/11 1:53 PM, Waqas Hussain wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 2:08 AM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpe...@stpeter.im> wrote:

>>> We have a patch and we are going to include it in the new ejabberd
>>> version. Please don't remove the feature from the spec.
>>
>> Cool, thanks for letting us know. I won't touch that part of the spec. :)
>>

> I note that this feature has no disco feature defined.

MUC does not have the plethora of disco features that PubSub has. You
decide whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

> Given that
> no-one seems to have deployed this yet, we need a way to discover
> support.

Do we want or need to define fine-grained disco features for XEP-0045?
And if so, why limit the new features to just this one?

> I propose the features http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#request and
> http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#register
>
> Also, it's worth considering moving this (nick register, registration
> approval, voice request) out of XEP-0045, and into an XEP of its own.
> As far as I see, MUC implementations have up until now treated this is
> an optional secondary part of the main MUC spec. The new XEP could
> also include text about service-level nick registrations, which is
> what it currently implemented and deployed, and can have interesting
> interactions with room-level registration.

I like the idea of slimming down XEP-0045 to the extent possible.

> I do intend to implement these in Prosody.

Thanks for letting us know.

> P.S. An important thing in this is the room requesting additional
> information. One obvious example is captcha support. How should that
> flow? The room should send a captcha form IQ-set or message to the
> requester?

Those are good questions. I don't have the answers, but it might be
easier to work out the answers if we put this feature into a separate spec.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/