On 5/30/12 12:24 PM, Sergey Dobrov wrote:
changing the subject...

On 5/30/12 3:07 AM, Sergey Dobrov wrote:

The main problem I see here is that the data you get with item='meta'
would have a different schema than all the other items in the node. This
is not true with the singleton node model (item='current'). For that
reason alone, I think it would be best to use the existing mechanism we
defined for retrieving the node metadata:

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#entity-metadata

As I mentioned before, I think that this mechanism is not suitable to
solve the problem because we have no place to put XML payload there. But
that can be solved if we will invent some field to put it.

Aha, OK. I didn't understand that from your previous messages. Sorry.

Yes, we could define a field type of "xml", similar to the media field
type in XEP-0221. Another option is to define addition fields to be
included in the data form. What information do you want to include?

I want to store in metadata any things that can be stored in atom:feed (and not in atom:item). As I said it will store such things as blog name, author (so we can not repeat them in each item and update easily) or link to a post if it's a comments node. It might be useful to have ability to inform subscribers about changes in the metadata too (but this is not necessarily). I don't think that we can add necessary fields to the data form because it will be strongly depend on the node payload type and will be useless for other payloads, so we will lose flexibility.

Peter