> On 5/30/12 1:07 PM, Sergey Dobrov wrote:
>
> So we have at least three options:
>
> 1. Map the atom:feed elements to x:data fields.
> 2. Define a generic "xml" field type, similar to XEP-0221.
> 3. Use a separate metadata node.
>
> Do you see other options?
>
> As you say, #3 introduces atomicity issues.
>
> #2 would be very flexible, but it seems strange to have an unconstrained
> "xml" field type inside x:data forms, since x:data forms were designed
> as a way to constrain the normally unconstrained structure of XML. :)
>
> Therefore I lean toward #1.

I see the following problem with the first option:

If we will map fields then we will need to do separate fields set for
different payload types which is hard to do with current XEP-60
specification. On the other hand, if we will declare such fields for
each payload we will get too much fields.

We can try to use more general fields (i.e. just provide a field to
describe parent node, that should be enough since we can get author
information from his vcard) but we will not be compatible with the Atom
specification that way.

So I think that the best way is to use #2. Or #3 if we will define a way
to stick nodes together to prevent a sparseness.

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,